Wednesday, October 19, 2016

When Will They Ever Learn

I am borrowing this line for my title because it fits so well. Are you tired of being treated as a "nut case" because you have a psychiatric diagnosis in your medical file? I am very tired of psychiatric illness stigma! 

Today I went for my first visit to a new medication provider for my psych medicines. I provided a typed sheet of my medications and which ones needed refills. I check this carefully with the information on my bottles before I go to the appt. 

He was pleasant enough although he acted surprised when I told him my PTSD came from sexual and physical treatment from my mother. Honestly-where do these people train? 

Then he compared my list with the computer list and said one medicine that I said had no refills should have had refills so he didn't give me a prescription. Think he'll ever trust me? I'm to call in if I still need it, if he is mistaken.

I really miss Lili. She was respectful, knowledgeable and unafraid. Hard to find these qualities in providers.

Write and let me know what your experience has been in an E.R. for example. Let's talk.
/v

No comments:

Post a Comment