Actually I'm not sure the above title is correct, but what I do in therapy is identify a "part" who is in distress or needing help. Today it was about a little girl part, about 8 years old. She feels she just can't do anything right. She is very aware that her mother (our mother) made her feel guilty for each and every mistake. She even got in trouble when she went to a dance school and was told she would never be a "star" so mother let her know this was a big failure. This particular issue is a work in progress.
I just know I feel so much better when "parts" get the attention and help or assistance they need. Sometimes they decide they don't like the job mother gave them and we find different jobs for them.
Still not doing very well with the weight. Going back to listening to the Feeding Ourselves Method CDs.
Love,
Vickie
No comments:
Post a Comment