1. Change name of this blog to depressionyoucanlivewith@blogspot.com
I did this because blogger is much easier to work with than WordPress. I hope it doesn't mess people up.
2. Completely changed my booth set up for the craft fair because my friends didn't like the fabric I used for backdrop and they didn't like wreath I made and had me change the sheep skin I had on display on table. I listen to this person because she has been in the craft show business (potter) for a long, long time and makes herself a good living that way.
3. Got a bad cold Sunday night and had to change several medical appointments.
4. Had to change expectation around house appraisal as it came in $10,000 less than I expected.
5. Have to call in structural engineer to certify my home is - something - I hope he knows because I don't.
6. Had to call my one and only reliable contractor to install safety plugs in bathrooms and kitchens. Also to certify that my roof will last more than another 2 years.
7. Changed my main antidepressant that I've been taking for years, because it's stopped working.
I hate this part, but it's happened to me a few times. The difficult part is discovering that this is what's causing you to feel down almost all the time.
8. This is the best one - I can get through these partly because of the below:
AWARENESS
Awareness is the key.
Do we see the stories that we're telling ourselves
and question their validity?
When we are distracted by strong emotion,
do we remember that it is our path?
If we can remember to experiment like this,
even occasionally, we are training as a warrior.
((I think that means having an open heart))
And when we can't practice when distracted,
but know that we can't, we are still training well.
Never underestimate the power of compassionately
recognizing what's going on.
Pema Chodron
No comments:
Post a Comment