Saturday, October 17, 2015

Don't worry so much about measuring up

I'm doing a jigsaw puzzle of a close up of a measuring tape. It's all jumbled up. I like the challenge. It's only about 60 pieces and I tried to put the like to it in this posting, but it didn't work. Maybe next time. Went to my psych nurse practitioner yesterday and strongly asked that she switch me to another main anti depressant because the one I've been on for several years doesn't seem to be working anymore. We had a good talk about symptoms and events in my life that could be bringing me down. Also there's the question of whether it's Parkinson's stuff which also causes depression. She's sent the pharmacy a new Rx, but they said it was refused by my insurance because they need a prior authorization. This probably means I won't get to start it till next week.

In the meantime I'm trying to focus on submitting my sheep skin hats to a jury for an upscale craft fair in Lyndonville. I borrowed a long fold up table and covered it with a soft maroon fleece, but it doesn't completely cover the sides. I got out some curtains and tucked them under the fleece around 3 sides of the table. The fleece is long enough to cover the front. Then I got some stuff at the Dollar Tree store to decorate it for a holiday look. Bells and a gold bow the the front and back. The sides and back of my booth will consist of folding shoji screens that will have 2 pieces of pvc pipe where the screens don't meet. Front these I'm hanging 2  panels of my living room curtains. Marcy said it doesn't go together, but I like it alright. I could use a piece of cream brocade to lengthen the sides but they will need to be hemmed. One more thing to do to get ready for this. And of course I've got to make several more hats. Did I say I was making a wreath out of silk flowers and ping springs from one of my trees?

Actually looking at it one item at a time it's not bad and kind of fun, even with the depression and anxiety.
Keep in touch,
Vickie

No comments:

Post a Comment