Monday, January 18, 2016

It's The Depression Stupid

That may sound mean, but after 50 years of the disease I still forget. Today I went grocery shopping. Got home and stripped my bed. Then make a cup of tea... Then started some jigsaw puzzles online. Now my friend has come home and I've accomplished nothing and I feel like a loser.

The man who plows our driveway just arrived with his new second-hand truck and we were joking around. I drove my Escape up out o the way till he cleared our parking spots. That's when I remembered I had two bags of groceries still in the car to bring in - then I saw my cup o f tea I'd forgotten about - then I went by the bedroom door and realized I had not finished taking the sheets to the washer or made the bed. Now I know other people do the same thing, forgetting things. The difference is that they don't want to kill themselves or someone else over it.

That's why I say "It's The Depression Stupid."  Even the STUPID doesn't fit, but I'm trying to add a little humor here and there - people seem to want that. Now it's 4:15pm and pretty soon the cat will need feeding. The Sun is going down and I feel a bit better than the just "do no harm" stage. Sometimes that's all there is - do no harm to self or other.

Now I've remembered I want to paint. So maybe that's what today was, just to remind me to paint. 
/vss 


No comments:

Post a Comment