Monday, January 11, 2016
Snowy Day
It's Monday and I was supposed to go to the dentist, but it's snowing and Marcy doesn't like to drive in the snow, especially a long distance so she'd already cancelled the appointment. I called my acupuncturist to see if he could fit me in today. I've only had one treatment, but it helped my back and lifted my spirits too, which I had not expected. Barry's giving me a break on the price as acupuncture is not covered by insurance. Marcy is paying for this first month of treatments. Now she's left for KCL and I'm at home with nothing to do. Then I was listening to an audio book about two teenagers who were having a hot romance. They didn't pretend to love each other, it was just this sexual attraction. The author was very descriptive of their relationship and with my history of awful sexual abuse the story was upsetting. I listened as long as I could and then switched to something about lawyers. Now it's sunny, and unlike years ago when I would have felt uncomfortable and afraid, I feel happy and I'm okay. We can all be okay. We have to be honest and brave, that way we can enjoy other people and I think that's all it's about. It does not have to be expressed in fancy language - it's more simple than that. Of course it's taken me a lot of therapy to have this knowledge. Maybe you don't have to do therapy, but I needed it. I've seen several different therapists some not so good, but most very good. Some for short periods of time, some for many years. It's up to you. There's more on my chapter on Therapists.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment