Thursday, October 5, 2017

This part of my life I call SWIMMING

Several weeks ago I began pool physical therapy for a recurrent stiff, painful neck. Hard to turn to see who is behind me while driving, and so forth. I loved the first one and swan 1 length of the pool in my  inefficient crawl - at least it kept me afloat. After PT I signed up for a month's membership so I could swim every day or about 5 times a week. Soon I found a swim coach there who during a private lesson improved my game immensely. I've been swimming (and buying swim suits and other gear) every since. Sometimes, like today my stamina was bad so I just grabbed a noodle to paddle around, maybe swimming just 1 lap. But usually I'm able to swim 4-6 full laps. It feels so good and gives me an emotional lift too. It has not helped me lose weight, but still at it.

I go to the Alumni Gymnasium - the entrance to the Field House and pool are behind the gymnasium.

/vss

No comments:

Post a Comment